Join the Team
Jenny Jelen Equestrian occasionally has full and part time job opportunities available, as well as working student positions. We are not currently hiring, but check back soon.
About our working student position
Our team is currently made of hardworking, passionate, enthusiastic, reliable and fun individuals who love being around horses and in the barn; we would expect the same from our working student. In exchange for your help with daily barn duties, you will also have the opportunity to daily lessons, stabling for your horse, and a live-in option for the right candidate. You will also become part of an amazing, caring barn family. You will come away from the experience a more confident and educated rider, ridiculously fit and have a solid understanding of running a barn. You will also have opportunities to show at bronze/silver dressage shows on site, ship to local jumper shows and compete in SOCTA and/or OHTA events.
Sound awesome? Sure is! If you want to know more, call Jenny directly at 705.562.3187. Full time position preferred, but would consider part time option for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
- is awesome
- isn’t afraid of hard work
- is honest, reliable and dependable
- has some horse experience (you don’t need to know a ton, but you have to be comfortable and capable of handling a variety of horses)
- has their own rubber boots for muddy days around the farm
- has a fantastic sense of humour and wants to be part of a great team
- is willing to put in the work to reap the rewards
What you get:
- a place to learn the ins and outs of running a barn
- daily lessons
- stabling for your horse (if you don’t have one, we will provide something for you to ride and lesson on)
- on-site accommodations for the right person
- opportunity to show (dressage, jumpers, eventing)
- trailering and horse transportation a possibility
- the opportunity to become part of an amazing barn family
- personal growth and development
The Working Student program is a great opportunity for someone with horse experience, looking to better their skills. Candidates ideally have taken lessons, and are comfortable handling all types of horses, as well as grooming, mucking, tacking, taking direction and being self-starting. At this time, we are only considering candidates 15+ plus.